Xubuntu QA
flocculant
2017-04-27 16:44:52 UTC
During the 17.04 development cycle, I took a back seat with Dave Pearson
taking up the reins. While taking a backseat from Xubuntu I spent some
time working with Simon on new GTK3 Xfce ports from a testing point of view.

This worked well, so well that Dave and I have decided that the best way
forward for all concerned is to split duties [1]. For at least now until
the end of the next LTS cycle Dave will continue to deal with the daily
Xubuntu QA and I will spend more time on the Xfce side.

That does not mean that either of us will only do that, Xubuntu and Xfce
are rather strongly tied. You will still see calls for testing from me,
this just means there will be 2 of us on the development mailing list.

For people who aren't too sure where Dave came from - he came from the
pool of testers we have and is proof that the long-term plan to invite
people from there into Xubuntu QA and from there into the Xubuntu team
works. We do watch for people and they do get asked to join.

Cheers

Kev

[1] https://xubuntu.org/xubuntu-quality-assurance-team-spreading-out
Florian Coste
2017-04-27 16:53:56 UTC
Hi Flocculant,

The link you gave doesn't exist, there is a Page Not Found...

Anyway, good luck with XFCE.
Pasi Lallinaho
2017-04-27 16:56:22 UTC
The link should be
https://xubuntu.org/news/xubuntu-quality-assurance-team-spreading-out/

This is likely my mistake that's backfiring from earlier...

Cheers,
Pasi
Ubuntu member
flocculant