For the website team - Error on the website
Lefteris Pavlou
2018-04-27 09:35:36 UTC
Hello,
I have spotted a small typo in the Xubuntu 18.04 release page.
<https://xubuntu.org/release/18-04/>
In the description it says that "Xubuntu 18.04 is an LTS release which was *be
*released in April 2018.". "be" should be deleted.
Thank you for this great release.
Le Pa
Pasi Lallinaho
2018-04-30 07:46:37 UTC
Post by Lefteris Pavlou
Hello,
I have spotted a small typo in the Xubuntu 18.04 release page.
<https://xubuntu.org/release/18-04/>
In the description it says that "Xubuntu 18.04 is an LTS release which
was _be _released in April 2018.". "be" should be deleted.
Thank you for this great release.
Le Pa
It appears to reference an older version codename "Xenial Xerus".
"The 18.04 release, codenamed Xenial Xerus, is a *Long Term
Support* release and has support for 3 years. "
url on the site is...
https://xubuntu.org/download
Dave Stobbs
Thank you both, this was spotted by multiple people and fixed soon after
the release.

Cheers,
Pasi
--
Pasi Lallinaho (knome) › https://open.knome.fi/
Xubuntu Website Lead & Council Member › https://xubuntu.org/
Shimmer Project co-founder › https://shimmerproject.org/
Pasi Lallinaho
2018-04-30 07:48:07 UTC
Post by Pasi Lallinaho
Post by Lefteris Pavlou
[...]
In the header on the download page, the name is correct (Bionic
Beaver), but in the paragraph immediately below, it is still called
Latest LTS release: 18.04, Bionic Beaver
The 18.04 release, codenamed Xenial Xerus, is a Long Term Support
release and has support for 3 years. To learn more about the release,
please refer to the release announcement, which has links to complete
release notes as well as highlights of the improvements in the
release.
Anyway, both issues are now fixed.

Cheers,
Pasi
Ed Biow
2018-04-30 23:40:07 UTC
The US mirror on the website still points to 16.04.

Thanks,

+++++++++++++++++++sig hell+++++++++++++++++++
Edmund Joseph Biow
328 Haddon Road
Oakland, California 94606
(510) 763-0591 (dumb landline, no caller ID, answering machine in attic, generally monitored in morning)
(415) 623-6473 (cell, generally the landline gets my attention faster if I'm at home)

EMAIL
***@sonic.net (personal) - ***@riseup.net (political) - ***@gmail.com (large attachments) - ***@yasashi.net (bcc) ***@yahoo.com (commercial)

IM (Instant Messaging, like text messaging but for computers)
(I recommend pidgin with the 'otr' encryption plugin as an instant message client):
***@gmail.com - ***@yahoo.com - EdJBiow (AIM) - ***@riseup.net - often "Gnudnik" on irc.freenode.net

Skype username: edmundbiow

(\__/) .~ ~. ))
/O O ./ .'
{O__, \ {
/ . . ) \
|-| '-' \ } )) Warning: squirrels: Einstein is on the prowl.

When did I realize I was God? Well, I was praying and suddenly realized that I was talking to myself.
Pasi Lallinaho
2018-05-01 18:54:30 UTC
Hello Ed,

the mirror links are created programmatically so one link can't be off,
all 18.04 links should be wrong then...

Anyway, please elaborate where you see this link to the 16.04 downloads?

Cheers,
Pasi