Cosmic Cuttlefish (18.10) Beta Testing
flocculant
2018-09-25 05:25:14 UTC
At some point during today we should see images arrive at the tracker
[1] for the Cosmic Beta.

Please help to test this milestone - everyone should be able to do
something to test this for us all.

Links to the Beta section on the iso tracker will be posted to this
thread as soon as someone sees them.

thanks all

Kev
flocculant
2018-09-25 17:22:35 UTC
Post by flocculant
At some point during today we should see images arrive at the tracker
[1] for the Cosmic Beta.
Please help to test this milestone - everyone should be able to do
something to test this for us all.
Links to the Beta section on the iso tracker will be posted to this
thread as soon as someone sees them.
thanks all
Kev
64 bit images :
http://iso.qa.ubuntu.com/qatracker/milestones/396/builds/181438/testcases

32 bit images :
http://iso.qa.ubuntu.com/qatracker/milestones/396/builds/181439/testcases

Cheers

Kev
Paul Waring
2018-09-25 17:26:04 UTC
Post by flocculant
At some point during today we should see images arrive at the tracker
[1] for the Cosmic Beta.
Please help to test this milestone - everyone should be able to do
something to test this for us all.
Are there specific things which need to be tested, or are you just
looking for people to install the image in a VM and see if it works?

I only signed up for the mailing list a few days ago so I'm not sure
what exactly needs testing.

Cheers

Paul
--
Paul Waring
Freelance PHP developer
flocculant
2018-09-25 17:33:35 UTC
Post by Paul Waring
Post by flocculant
At some point during today we should see images arrive at the tracker
[1] for the Cosmic Beta.
Please help to test this milestone - everyone should be able to do
something to test this for us all.
Are there specific things which need to be tested, or are you just
looking for people to install the image in a VM and see if it works?
I only signed up for the mailing list a few days ago so I'm not sure
what exactly needs testing.
Cheers
Paul
We'd want the images checked as a minimum.

Applications need testing too - but perhaps concentrate on ones you use.

Hope that helps.

You need to report to the tracker - that's where we will look for results.
Aaron Franke

flocculant
2018-09-25 18:44:06 UTC
What's up with the message of "*WARNING: This image is OVERSIZED. This
should never happen during milestone testing.*" ?
On Tuesday, September 25, 2018, 1:34:00 PM EDT, flocculant
Post by Paul Waring
Post by flocculant
At some point during today we should see images arrive at the tracker
[1] for the Cosmic Beta.
Please help to test this milestone - everyone should be able to do
something to test this for us all.
Are there specific things which need to be tested, or are you just
looking for people to install the image in a VM and see if it works?
I only signed up for the mailing list a few days ago so I'm not sure
what exactly needs testing.
Cheers
Paul
We'd want the images checked as a minimum.
Applications need testing too - but perhaps concentrate on ones you use.
Hope that helps.
You need to report to the tracker - that's where we will look for results.
There is an arbitrary size limit for iso's - if the iso os over that
limit you see the message.

Just means that the limit needs to be revisited at some point.
flocculant
2018-09-26 16:44:57 UTC
Post by flocculant
At some point during today we should see images arrive at the tracker
[1] for the Cosmic Beta.
Please help to test this milestone - everyone should be able to do
something to test this for us all.
Links to the Beta section on the iso tracker will be posted to this
thread as soon as someone sees them.
thanks all
Kev
Unsurprsingly  - we're getting respins shortly so will need to at least
smoketest the images again.

Though if people haven't tested yet - and intended to - please do what
you already intended to do ;)

Cheers