Weekly newsletter 19th May 2017
flocculant
2017-05-19 23:07:27 UTC
Hi Will - some comments/questions inline
= QA =
Added upgrade tests from Zesty to Artful for Ubuntu and flavours.
Working on making all these tests pass now so that everyone will have
a solid and reliable upgrade path.
Does this refer to what was previously at
http://iso.qa.ubuntu.com/qatracker/milestones/376/builds/148044/testcases
for instance?

I assume this also is part of the irc discussion on 20th?
Work is being done on the installer tests. This will extend the
current installer tests to check that not only has the install
completed successfully but that all desktop environment is working as
expected, this had previously been covered with manual tests.
Do flavours carry on the discussion here?

Or are you talking about just Ubuntu - while I'd love for some
autotesting of at least one flavour's iso - I wouldn't be partaking of
any breath holding competitions - just want some clarification ;)

If you are talking about flavours too - I wonder if this is one of those
bite too much scenarios?

That said some testing on lightdm for those of us using it would be
welcome - Robert (Ancell) will know what I mean there.

kind regards

Kev
= Package Updates =
* GStreamer is now at 1.12 final in 17.10.
* Chromium: stable 58.0.3029.110, beta 59.0.3071.47, dev 60.0.3095.5
* LibreOffice 5.3.3 is being tested.
* CUPS-filters: 1.14.0
* Snapd-glib: 1.12
= Snaps =
More GNOME applications are being packaged as Snaps. There is still
some work to do to get them fully confined and fully integrated into
the desktop. We’re working on adding Snap support to Gtk’s Portals to
allow desktop Snaps to access resources outside their sandbox.
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/DesktopTeam/GNOME/Snaps
= In the news =
http://www.omgubuntu.co.uk/2017/05/ubuntu-switch-to-gnome-questions-answered
There's also a survey running to get feedback on some extensions which
http://www.omgubuntu.co.uk/2017/05/ubuntu-desktop-gnome-extensions-survey-1710
This was picked up by the Linux Unplugged podcast as their headline
http://www.jupiterbroadcasting.com/114701/that-new-user-smell-lup-197/
Cheers, Will
Jean-Baptiste Lallement
2017-05-22 07:51:55 UTC
Post by flocculant
Hi Will - some comments/questions inline
= QA =
Added upgrade tests from Zesty to Artful for Ubuntu and flavours.
Working on making all these tests pass now so that everyone will have
a solid and reliable upgrade path.
Does this refer to what was previously at
http://iso.qa.ubuntu.com/qatracker/milestones/376/builds/148044/testcases for
instance?
Yes, it's the same. We are working on making these results available
publicly and adding more post upgrade tests.
The flavors currently covered are edubuntu, kubuntu, lubuntu,
ubuntu-mate and kubuntu.

If you want to contribute, the project is on LP [1]
https://launchpad.net/auto-upgrade-testing
Post by flocculant
I assume this also is part of the irc discussion on 20th?
Work is being done on the installer tests. This will extend the
current installer tests to check that not only has the install
completed successfully but that all desktop environment is working as
expected, this had previously been covered with manual tests.
Do flavours carry on the discussion here?
Or are you talking about just Ubuntu - while I'd love for some
autotesting of at least one flavour's iso - I wouldn't be partaking of
any breath holding competitions - just want some clarification ;)
Ubiquity tests are only executed for Ubuntu but it is pretty
straightforward to deploy them for other flavours. The tests are a
subset of the manual tests described on the iso tracker.

The code is part of Ubiquity [2] If you plan to use it for your own
flavour and need some help with the deployment ping me (jibel) on
#ubuntu-quality on freenode.
You can also contribute to this project by adding more test cases :)

[1] https://launchpad.net/auto-upgrade-testing
[2]
http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~ubuntu-installer/ubiquity/trunk/files/head:/autopilot/

JB.