Adding and removing games to seeds
Yousuf Philips
2021-05-07 08:00:00 UTC
Hi Team,

I've proposed the addition of 4 games ( chess, four in a row, snake, and
tetris games ) and removal of 2 games ( mines, sudoku ), as they are
already present in SGT Puzzles. These changes will increase the installed
base by 2.8Mb. If you have any opinions about this, please reply or leave a
comment on github.

https://github.com/Xubuntu/xubuntu-seed/pull/1

Research:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/145vm29WnxgYm4Y_8guaGDAblZT5sRjZ3jhKRktgX1No/edit#gid=0

Regards,
Yousuf
Yousuf Philips
2021-05-07 10:18:36 UTC

Thank you for your opinion, though I disagree with it, as not everyone
plays steam games and some basic/simple games being there to users for
those who don't have admin privileges to install others has its advantages.

Regards,
Yousuf
Why in first place Xubuntu includes games at all be default? Must of the
time users will search for the games they like the must and install it.
Also today is not like the old days, now we have steam and other services I
think games should be something users install and not something the OS
includes by default. El 7 may. 2021 4:00 a.m., Yousuf Philips <
Post by Yousuf Philips
https://github.com/Xubuntu/xubuntu-seed/pull/1
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/145vm29WnxgYm4Y_8guaGDAblZT5sRjZ3jhKRktgX1No/edit#gid=0
Post by Yousuf Philips
Regards,
Yousuf
Charles M
2021-05-07 13:39:33 UTC
Again opinion, but I feel including a small set of games is useful. I am a
refurbisher who installs Xubuntu on a range of hardware (from Core 2 Duo
laptops to XEON workstations). We help a variety of people. Games are
important to many of them even as a way to pass the time.

In talking with people for the past 20 years (we used to develop our own
Debian-based Distro) simple games have always been appreciated. And while
we've used d-i to add other game sets, having a base set of simple games is
nice. Not everyone wants to play CS:Go.

It makes sense to keep the Distro trimmed down, but my experience says a
lot of people appreciate the base games. (We include restore media, so
while we could just use a base image, it's nice for people just to use that
DVD and get the base games).
Hi,
Post by Yousuf Philips
https://github.com/Xubuntu/xubuntu-seed/pull/1