Compton
M S
2018-11-11 00:01:58 UTC

Just out of your curiosity, I would like to know why compton is not installed by default under XFCE ? I had tearing problems under XFCE and compton solved them all. I can even play CSGO with the same quality I have under windows now. I love XFCE and would just like to know more about it.

Thanks in advance for the answer and your work on this wonderful desktop environment.
Best regards !

Sean Davis
2018-11-27 11:09:58 UTC
Hello!

While Compton does work really well for many, I believe there were some
folks who still had some trouble with it. Since it is beneficial for many
users, we include a customized Compton config that makes it feel very
similar to how Xfwm4 works in Xubuntu.

Hope that helps!
Post by M S
Hi,
Just out of your curiosity, I would like to know why compton is not
installed by default under XFCE ? I had tearing problems under XFCE and
compton solved them all. I can even play CSGO with the same quality I have
under windows now. I love XFCE and would just like to know more about it.
Thanks in advance for the answer and your work on this wonderful desktop environment.
Best regards !
Sent with ProtonMail <https://protonmail.com> Secure Email.
Thanks,

Sean Davis
http://about.me/sean_davis
Kolmar Kafran
2018-11-27 11:48:08 UTC
Also,

XFWM 4.13.0 managed to fix the screen-tearing problems.
LinuxMint managed to make it to work on top of Ubuntu (something about
Epoxy or Xpresent on Ubuntu's package).
Try Mint XFCE 19 to see if XFWM 4.13 fixes your screen-tearing problem.

Att,

Kolmar Kafran

http://kafran.net
Ì Por favor, considere a proteção ao meio ambiente antes de imprimir esse
e-mail.

http://about.me/sean_davis
M S