Galician Translations for Xubuntu
Dani
2017-04-24 07:49:34 UTC
Hello:

This is my first message.
Thanks for your work!!

I am auser of Xubuntu 16.04 in Galician Language

The translations that provides Xubuntu for the galician language seem to
be less complete than actually translated.

Do not know if this happens with other languages

For example, the translation of xfce4-settings:
https://www.transifex.com/xfce/xfce4-settings/language/gl/
and
https://github.com/xfce-mirror/xfce4-settings/blob/master/po/gl.po

is much more complete than the .m compiled Xubuntu
/usr/share/locale/gl/LC_MESSAGES/xfce4-settings.mo

I wonder where Xubuntu takes the translations?
Or who ask this question?

Thank you very much.
Dani
David Pires
2017-04-26 08:25:41 UTC
Hello Danni.
Post by Dani
This is my first message.
Thanks for your work!!
I am a user of Xubuntu 16.04 in Galician Language
The translations that provides Xubuntu for the galician language seem to
be less complete than actually translated.
Do not know if this happens with other languages
https://www.transifex.com/xfce/xfce4-settings/language/gl/
and
https://github.com/xfce-mirror/xfce4-settings/blob/master/po/gl.po
is much more complete than the .m compiled Xubuntu
/usr/share/locale/gl/LC_MESSAGES/xfce4-settings.mo
I wonder where Xubuntu takes the translations?
Or who ask this question?
Thank you very much.
The Xubuntu team is only responsible for the translations of the Xubuntu
packages, i.e. packages that only exist in Xubuntu like Xubuntu
Documentation <https://translations.launchpad.net/xubuntu-docs>, the Xubuntu
Default Settings
<https://translations.launchpad.net/xubuntu-default-settings>, the Ubiquity
Slideshow for Xubuntu
<https://translations.launchpad.net/ubuntu/zesty/+source/ubiquity-slideshow-ubuntu/+pots/ubiquity-slideshow-xubuntu>
packages, and
the packages that are used by Xubuntu and provide features to the Xubuntu
experience such as Catfish
<https://translations.launchpad.net/catfish-search>, LightDM GTK+ Greeter
<https://translations.launchpad.net/lightdm-gtk-greeter>, LightDM GTK+
Greeter Settings
<https://translations.launchpad.net/lightdm-gtk-greeter-settings/>,
MenuLibre <https://translations.launchpad.net/menulibre>, Mugshot
<https://translations.launchpad.net/mugshot> and Whiskermenu
<https://www.transifex.com/projects/p/xfce4-whiskermenu-plugin/>.

Xfce packages translations, like the one you refer, are maintained and
coordinated by Xfce and the Transifex
<https://www.transifex.com/xfce/public/> translation platform used as a
portal for translators.

Regards.

slickymaster <https://wiki.ubuntu.com/slickymaster>
Xubuntu Documentation Lead
Pasi Lallinaho
2017-04-26 08:50:54 UTC
Post by David Pires
Xfce packages translations, like the one you refer, are maintained and
coordinated by Xfce and the Transifex
<https://www.transifex.com/xfce/public/> translation platform used as
a portal for translators.
What this practically means is that translations done in Transifex
affect the upstream Xfce branches. Before these translations land in
Xubuntu, in the usual case the following needs to happen:
– The component that is translated gets a release; this can be a
translation-only release, but in those cases it probably needs more than
one updated language
– The release is uploaded to Debian
– The release is synced from Debian

All these need to happen reasonably early in the development cycle to
make it to the final Xubuntu release, unless the component releases also
include some important fixes...

Cheers,
Pasi
--
Pasi Lallinaho (knome) › http://open.knome.fi/
Xubuntu Website Lead & Council Member › http://xubuntu.org/
Ubuntu member
Dani
2017-04-26 16:57:09 UTC
Hello:
Today I installed Debian Strech and it has same problem.
I going to contac with XFCE for to see where can be the problem.
Very thanks.

Dani
Hello Danni.