Planning to translate Xubuntu 's user docs into Chinese
David Pires
2017-10-24 15:11:00 UTC
Hello Bobby Rong.

It's great to hear that.

We're just now starting the bb development cycle, due to be release in
April 2018, so there's more than enough time for you to complete the
translation of the Xubuntu Documentation.

The 18.04 branch for the documentation isn't set up yet but I'm planning on
having it ready before the end of this week.

As I have your attention let me also draw your attention to to the Packages
to be translated page [1] of the Xubuntu Contributor Documentation. There
you'll find all the packages that the Xubuntu team considers important and
should also be translated.

If you have any doubts please feel free to mail me or to get in touch with
me in the #xubuntu-devel channel on the Freenode IRC network.

Best regards.

slickymaster
Xubuntu Documentation Lead

[1] https://docs.xubuntu.org/contributors/docs-packages.html
Sorry for my poor English...
I am planning to translate Xubuntu 's user docs into Chinese. About
20-30 lines everyday and it will take about 2 months to complete.
So will 2 months be too long? When will team stop merging new
suggestions into the 18.04 branch?
And... Why am I translating on the series zesty?
Thanks
--
This message was sent from Launchpad by
Bobby Rong (https://launchpad.net/~bobby285271)